FRANKFURT - GERMANY


Got on the plane in Israel wearing a T-shirt in warm weather and got off the plane in Germany in the middle of a snowstorm.

OUCH!!!!!!


Met Renee at the airport who I had kept in contact with since we met in Bangkok a few months earlier. She couldn't get the time off work to show me around but still let me stay at her place. So for the second time on the trip someone who I had only known for a couple of days gave me the keys to their place. I must have a trusting face!!!!



Frankfurt seemed very clean and orderly compared to a lot of the places I had been to earlier in the trip. During the day I explored the town on foot while Renee was at work. I stuggled with the cold weather a lot.



In the evenings I had a more guided tour of the city. Renee seemed happy enough living there and only went back to the Philippines to visit family.



On her day off we went to a town by the river an hours drive north. Walked up the hills and stopped for some food on the way back.



A couple of days before the end one of her friends was getting married and we went to the reception at night. He was German but she was also from the Philippines like Renee. As I had been to the country I was not short of conversation with half of the guests.



On my final night in Germany I went out for a proper beer in a local bar, just the one as it was double the cost back home.

That was it !!!!! 16 months of backpacking the world was over. I did well since I only intended to be away for 12 months. In someways it was strange to be going back but I felt I was ready by that time.



Sarah took the above photo just after meeting dad at Birmingham airport.


No comments:

Post a Comment