SOFIA - BULGARIA



I was getting to the stage where I seemed to be running out of easy convenient flights. Eventually I came across Sofia, Belgrade, Skopje as a good 3 city trip plan. The downside was that I had to come home on the Saturday instead of Sunday.


I flew Luton to Sofia on the Friday after work arriving just after midnight so it was more or less straight to bed. I woke early and had a brief look round before heading to the walking tour. At first sight Sofia seemed an interesting place but as the tour progressed it seemed that the city centre had little to offer.


The hostel was a great place to stay the main highlight was the evening meal which got everyone together before going out in the evening. I was a bit unenthusiastic about the pub crawl as the usual format is to go from smaller to progressively bigger venues finally ending up in a club where you quickly lose everyone. This time was not like that and the group held together all the way through and we stuck to small places which was good.


The plan for Sunday was Vitosha mountain but with a very late night and mixed messages about transport to get there that went out of the window. I had a bit of a walk round but the heat got too much, back at the hostel several other people were in the same situation.

In the end we just grabbed a load of beers from the shop and spent the afternoon out the heat of the sun. Great hostel and people but poor city.

Had a walk round in the morning and headed off to Belgrade


No comments:

Post a Comment