MALAGA - SPAIN

The original plan for the February trip was Ghana located in west africa. Unfortunately due to the ongoing ebola outbreak in nearby countries I abandoned this idea and settled for seeing more of Spain instead. It was a standard 3 places with 3 nights in each, Malaga, Seville finishing up at Faro in Portugal. I hardly got the best preparation for the trip as I had loads of grueling 12 hour shifts then dad ended up in hospital with a minor heart attack 2 days before I was due to fly out.

100_6371.JPG

Arriving near midnight in a quiet hostel all I wanted to do was sleep. Day 1 I found the hop on hop off bus by accident so thought that would be the best place to start. Gibralfaro castle was the first stop off as it was a good view over the city and beach.

100_6380.JPG

Alcazaba nearby just down the hill was a similar sort of place. Malaga was the kind of place where you can just get lost wandering round the old towns streets which I did several times during that first afternoon.

The good thing about going in February was it wasn’t too hot so you could walk miles which you couldn’t do in the middle of summer in all 3 places.

The biggest problem was in the evening when trying to meet people during the low season. That first full night only a few people were in the common room all fully concentrating on laptops / tablets / phones. I went bed and caught back up on some more very well needed sleep.

100_6387.JPG

Sunday Morning I did the walking tour some of which covered where I already explored but it was great to be with other people for a while. In the afternoon I got a train down to Sacaba beach and walked the full distance back to the center.

That evening turned out to be the best of Malaga and the whole trip, I met 4 people Uk,Holland,Mexico, Canada. We ended up going out for a meal followed by a few bars, not party central but good enough. Somehow we finished in the VIP section of some place drinking champagne. Typically the night I get out properly is the one I have to leave early the following morning. At least the town finished on a good note………

No comments:

Post a Comment